by Tajee on 22 Feb 2011 06:12 pm
Here's some things you can do to help protect yourself from being hacked...
- Stay current with good antivirus software.
- Get an "active" anti-malware/spyware program or do scans regularly.
- avoid email downloads and don't trust any links.
- look at the URL for websites where you enter account/passwords to make sure they are legit and not some copied phishing site. Many are similar with slight differences in spelling.
- avoid any popups saying you have a virus or need to be tuned up. Most of these are actually fakes designed to steal your information or slow your system.
- don't download any trainers, key codes, cheats, etc. unless the site is trusted and virus scanned. Even so, proceed at your own risk.
- if your PC is suddenly acting funny, crashing, slow or getting popups run virus/malware scans.
Back to top